Whole30 Banana Ice Cream
I got really into Halo Top ice cream and still think it’s the greatest thing ever. It’s low in calories and sugar, isn’t processed, has a good amount of protein, and tastes like heaven, but isn’t Whole30 compliant. I was forced to take a little break but found myself missing my occasional post-diner treat.
Enter this faux banana “ice cream”. It certainly isn’t Halo Top, but when you can’t have Halo Top, will do the trick. You’re not technically supposed to have dessert on Whole30 but this isn’t desert. It’s frozen banana and almond butter that I happen to blend into a delicious little mixture that some might say could resemble a desert.
1 banana, frozen
1 tbsp almond butter
2 tbsp low fat coconut milk
1. Place banana under hot water until you’re able to peel it (about 10-15 seconds)
2. Chop banana and place in food processor
3. Add coconut milk and almond butter
4. Mix until creamy
5. Place in freezer for 10-20 minutes if you’d like to freeze it up just a little more
6. Top with a favorite healthy topping (like coconut flakes) and enjoy!